28.9.13

Bird Ringing - From the Beginning

Since May 2012 I have taken part in bird ringing and I one of the best things that I have ever done, since I have started I have had great opportunities like; Canon netting in March 2013, Swallow roost in August 2013 and raptor and owl boxes. Since I have started I have ringed 5 Wigeon, 2 Stock Doves, 1 Little Owl chick, 2 Kestrel Chicks and 2 Jackdaw chicks.
Me with my 1st ever ringed bird a Wigeon
Me and a Lesser Redpoll
Me with a Juvenile Green Woodpecker


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had some really good birds. I'd really like to see the Green Woodpecker close up like that. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks what are the best birds you have held?

      Delete