2.3.14

Rutland Water Dam

On Saturday afternoon, my Dad, Sister, Dog (Merlin) and I went to Rutland Water Dam in search for Black Redstart and Great-Northern Diver.

Goldeneye
When we got their it was as calm as anything, no wind what so ever, then thousands of Black-headed Gulls with about 50 Common Gulls + 3 Caspian Gulls.
Black-headed Gull


At the waters edge Goldeneye, Coot, Gadwall, Tufted Duck and Little Grebes where all feeding, Great-crested Grebes courtship displays to one another.

Great-crested Grebe Courtship

Great-crested Grebe Courtship
At the south end of the dam my Dad spotted the Great-Northern Diver, then I managed to get a look through the scope and then it disappeared, with no sign of the Black Redstart we headed back, then their it was, it flew out of the hedge and onto the dam wall, sadly I couldn't get a pic of either the Redstart or the Diver.


No comments:

Post a Comment