9.3.14

Sence Valley Birding

This morning woke up to a lovely 15 degrees, also seeing my first Brimstone's of the year, also seeing Pied Wagtail and Blue Tit checking out my Poppa's roof space.
Blue Tit

Pied Wagtail

First Brimstone this year, plus it was in the Garden


Today I went out in the afternoon to the National Forest in North West Leicestershire, to go to Sence Valley CP, I had never been their before and it was a pleasant surprise.

We arrived in the Car Park with a even hotter temperature of 18 degrees, and straight the way House Sparrow, Chaffinch, Reed-Bunting and Great Tit were in the bag. A steady walk down a hill brought us Goldfinch and our of many Black-headed Gulls. At the bottom it was beautiful, not to many people but lots of birds.

The View
  Then I went to the waters edge were a little girl and a lady had been feeding the gulls on a platform and here are some of my favourite pics.

Black-headed Gull

Great-crested Grebe stretching

Black-headed Gull

My fav pic of a Black-headed Gull
After I decided to take another photo opportunity on some Mute Swans.

Mute Swan

Mute Swan

Mute Swan 
Mute Swan

Mute Swan
Then heading home to brilliant ticks were included a long awaited Bullfinch and Lesser Redpoll.

Lesser Redpoll

Lesser Redpoll

Bullfinch
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Toby. About the quiz on my blog. Your close with your guess. Its a sea duck. Cheers Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete