12.4.14

MEGA at Rutland Water




On Thursday 10th I went with my Mum, Sister and Dog to Rutland Water Sailing club to try and find a PIED-BILLED GREBE which had been sighted the day before, this is the first for Leicestershire and Rutland.  This is my second MEGA bird! The other was the Western Sandpiper at Cley Marsh.

We arrived at 11:30am and left at 2:00pm, and within that time we got brilliant views of it here are some of my favorite pictures taken through my camera. Also saw House Martin, Willow Warbler and Curlew all new birds for the year.
Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic3
Pic 4
Pictures Digiscoped from iPad 2 turned out quite good


Pied Billed Grebe Digiscoped
Pied Billed Grebe Digiscoped
Pied Billed Grebe Digiscoped


Also on Friday afternoon around 5:00pm a WHITE STORK flew over heading NW! I've now seen both species of Stork recorded in the county. 

1 comment: